Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Happenings in the Lab

Good Morning!  It was wonderful to see all the children returning with happy faces and so happy to meet new children. I wanted to give you an update on what's happening in the lab.   Students love technology. They love to text, tweet, and take pictures. 4th and 5th graders have been learning about the issues for the upcoming election. Fourth graders are writing essays on "If I were President". It has been really interesting to see what their interests are, varying from free candy to genuine concerns for immigration, the environment... the list goes on and on.  Stop by, I will be posting them in the hall.  Third grade is focusing on internet safety.   With the changes in technology happening so fast it's important they understand how to stay safe. In first and second the focus is on creative writing and writing conventions.  They are trying hard! Kinders learn so quickly!  They are focusing on accessing various webpages and manipulating with in them. Check out our web page that has many links for home use.  Thank you for sharing your children with me, I thoroughly enjoy them!
I'll keep you posted on all the cool thing the kids are doing and any new and interesting sites I find.
Fondly,
Mrs. Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment